Thursday, March 4, 2010

stuffed shells - Reduced Calorie Edition!



I'm always trying to watch my weight but there is always those days that I just crave a great pasta dish. What to do? After playing around with my weight watchers point counter, and scanning the grocery store for the best low fat dairy products (like ditching ricotta cheese and using 1% fat cottage cheese), I came home with confidence knowing that a great dish was ahead of me. And a dish it was! I enjoyed some comfort food and even managed to keep my weight watchers points! Go me and and anyone else who tries this recipe!
Yields: 6 servings

You Need:
1 Box Jumbo Shells
1 8 oz pack of shredded muenster cheese (leave 1/8 cup for sprinkling on top)
2 16 oz containers of small curdle 1% fat cottage cheese
1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese and more for sprinkling on top
2 Eggs
Dash of salt and pepper
1 Jar of marinara sauce

Directions:
In a big pot boil water and cook shells according to box instructions
Combine all cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper
In a 9x13 pan pour enough marinara sauce to cover the bottom of the whole pan
Once shells are drained and cooled proceed to stuff a about a spoon and a half of cheese mixture into the shells and place in the pan ( you may need a second pan to fit all the shells)
Pour remaining marinara sauce on top
Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top
Place into the oven on 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Before serving sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and you are set to go!
Enjoy and be shell shocked!!!

No comments: